1. The Website
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure that necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience and membership. This website complies with all U.S. national laws and requirements for users’ privacy. If at any time you wish to delete your account or any personal information and cannot do it by yourself, you should contact us in writing either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the address contained in the Terms.
2. What we collect
We may collect personal information which you provide to us during registration and profiles update, such as your name, age, gender, birthday, address, email and other information that may not identify you. When you provide any personal information through our website, the information may be sent to secure servers located in the United States and other countries around the world to store the data.
- a) Personal and non-personal data you provide to Strimm. We may collect and store any personal and non-personal information you enter on our website or provide on our website by any means. It may include identifying information, such as your name, pictures, billing address, email address, telephone number. If you utilize any of our paid services, we may also collect financial information, such as your payment method (type of credit card, credit card number, expiration date or other financial information, such as PayPal or else). We may also request information about your general interests and activities and demographic information.
- b) Personal and non-personal data we collect from other sources. We may also collect personal and non-personal information about you from our business partners, contractors and other third parties, such as updated delivery, address information, purchase history and other.
- c) Personal and non-personal data we collect about others. We may also collect and store personal and non-personal information about other people that you provide to us through chat communications, comments, posts or by other means.
We are dedicated to ensure that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial techniques to safeguard, encrypt and secure the information we collect online. We want you to feel confident using our website to conduct business with us. However, no system can be completely secure. Unfortunately, unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may happen with any website, including ours and may compromise the security of member’s information at any time. Please visit FTC website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to safeguard yourself against an identity theft.
4. How we collect information
We use various tools to collect information from your computer about your activities on our site.
- • Data collected automatically. We automatically collect data from your browser when you visit our website. This information may include your IP address, your approximate geographical location, your browser type and language, computer operating system, access time, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us and the referring website address.
Our site may use "cookies" and "web beacons" to speed navigation, keep track of items viewed, clicked on and/or shared, including links and advertisements, and provide you with custom-tailored services. A "web beacon" is an embedded GIF file that specifically helps us track whether you have viewed a specific piece of content. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is later removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us to provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. When you visit our website, we may personalize your online experience. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website and use all features.
- • Other technologies we may use. We may use typical Internet tracking technologies to track your use of our site and your interests, based on the channels you visit and posts/comments you place. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer to our website visitors in order to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
- • Data collected by third-parties. We may allow third-parties, we working with, including our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad delivery networks, to display advertisements on the Site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements or place orders. Unless expressly stated otherwise, our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information may only allow them to deliver targeted advertisements and verify their effectiveness.
5. What we do with the information we gather
We gather your information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- a) Internal record keeping.
- b) It is used to set up and maintain your account.
- c) We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- d) We may periodically send alerts, promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find important using the email address which you have provided.
- e) We may use financial information or payment method you provided to process payment for any purchases, subscriptions or sales made on our website.
- f) We may use the information to customize the website and your personal experience, while visiting our website according to your interests.
- g) Your phone number may be used in the event that our customer service representatives need to contact you and cannot reach you by email.
Please note that your personal information will never be sold to any other website owner or merchant. We also hate junk mail as much as you do. This is why we will only send you emails about items or information that we feel important and you should know about.
6. With Whom We Share Your Information and Data
We do not sell, rent, or trade any personally identifying information with others. However, when one or more of our authorized service providers perform certain services on our behalf, we may share some information to fulfil the service, such as processing credit card payments, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing analysis, supporting our website functionality and other features offered through our website.
Also, when you choose to engage in a certain merchant’s offer or program, you agree to allow us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
We may also release your information in the following situations:
- • In reaction to a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency or a subpoena or similar investigative demand; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion.
- • In association with a significant corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business entirely or significant portion of it to a third party, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or any assets sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Any third parties or our business partners we work with, and to whom we may disclose personal information, may have their own privacy policies, which describe how they use and disclose personal information. These third parties may be well presented on our site as advertisers, payment providers and other. If you want to learn more about their privacy or other practices, we ask you to visit their websites and read their policies.
7. Opt-out options
Members who no longer wish to obtain our email updates or other notifications may opt-out of receiving these communications by following the instructions contained in the applicable email or by contacting us directly with such request, if no instructions are provided in the email.
8. Links to other websites
9. Controlling your personal information
You can elect not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to utilize certain features and services of our website to their fullest, including but is not limited to: not being able to register or to create board or channel, purchase products or services, participate in a contest, promotion, survey, ask a question or initiate other transactions and activities on our website.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us by mail or emailing us at email@example.com
10. California user consumer rights
In agreement with California Civil Code Sec. 1789.3, California resident users are entitled to know that they may file objections and complaints with California Department of Consumer Affairs, 400 R Street, STE1080, Sacramento, CA 95814; or by phone at 916-445-1254 or 800-952-5210; or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about protecting your privacy, please visit: http://www.ftc.gov
11. Children's Online Privacy Protection Act compliance
If a parent believes that his or her child has submitted personal information to us, he or she shall contact us immediately via email or postal mail as listed below. We will instantly delete that information upon learning that it relates to a child under the age of 13. Please note that it is quite possible that some of this information may continue to be archived in our web logs and some back-up archives, after we delete the information from its active database.
We encourage all parents to supervise their children’s online activities and consider using parental control tools available from different online services.
12. Use of the site from outside of USA
13. Report a privacy violation
If you believe that your privacy has been violated please contact us If you believe that your privacy has been violated please contact us in writing by mail or email, using the contact information provided below. Please note that your privacy may also be violated through videos broadcasted on our website. Some videos broadcasted on the Site are not hosted directly on our website and are simply linked from a third-party video service provider, the link of which is usually placed in the bottom corner of the player or in the video. We have no control of such videos. If you believe that your privacy has been violated through a video, linked to the Site from a Third-Party Source, then please contact that Third-Party Source directly.
Please also note that we do not accept claims on behalf of third parties except special situations where you act as a legal representative for the individual whose privacy is being violated or you are the parent or legal guardian of the individual whose privacy is being violated. In that case the proof of your connection to the individual, whose privacy has been violated, must be provided to us first, in order to continue with your claim.
14. How to Contact Us
Attention: Legal Department
113 McHenry Rd, Unit 147
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
By email: email@example.com